[etni] Who will fire who?

  • From: Kerri <kerrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ojacob@xxxxxxxxxxxx, etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:03:57 +0200

Oh for heavens sake everyone.what is all the panic about?

We all love and teach literature whether it is in the Bagrut or not.

In Maccabim-Reut High we always tell the kids that Lit. is 30% of their F
grade.

To get the kids serious.I usually inform the students that the inspector
comes once a year to check their notebooks and to check the literature that
has been taught, as well as asking for samples of their book logs!!!!! If
she isn't satisfied she won't approve our "Magenim". (Sorry about lying, but
when the students hear from their older brothers and sisters that they don't
have to study for the Bagrut - all they have is an unseen it is extremely
difficult to get the kids motivated into actually reading and doing
assignments.)

Now something really important.I suppose that most of us who are "not
completely qualified in teaching lit." (haha) will at some time do  the new
online/offline Lit. courses, however, with the great shortage of English
teachers - No one will lose their "cushy" job of teaching for the Bagrut if
they don't do the course!!!!!!!!!! As if?????

I love teaching and will continue to do so, but have learnt over the last 21
years, to take what is said by the ministry with a grain of salt, then to
continue doing my best in the circumstances, making pedagogical decisions
that are "workable" in our situation - together with my very supportive and
professional team at Maccabim-Reut High.

Shanna Tova to all you wonderful ETNI people

Kerri

  _____