[etni] Topics on Etni

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:53:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

This is in answer to two recent letters to ETNI, both about the topics
discussed on the list. One letter complained that all that's talked about is
the NBA, and the writer was sick and tired of reading about the NBA all the
time. The other asked why everything is geared towards high school teachers.

My answer is very simple: If you want to discuss other topics, be it for
elementary or high school or anything else, why don't you bring them up? Every
teacher who posts a question / complaint / opinion / teaching experience etc.
writes about what's on his or her mind. If you have something else on your
mind, share it with us, and this way we can all benefit!

I know that there are a lot of "lurkers" out there - obviously the majority -
which is fine, but then don't complain about the topics. If I write a lot about
the NBA and projects, it's because that's the topic I have the most to say
about at the moment. Of course that's not what my teaching revolves around, but
the other aspects of teaching are just not special issues for me at the moment.
If there's a different topic that you're "into" right now, please let's hear
about it. A listserv is only what its members make out of it.

All the best,
Rivka

P.S. I believe that a separate list for elementary school teachers was started
a few months ago, so perhaps there you will find more topics of interest.