[etni] Re: The histadrut's sellout

  • From: Meira Shem-Tov <meira_s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Motti <motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:00:32 +0300

Dear Mordechai, I am both a veteran teacher and bilingual and I do not feel
betrayed.  I also feel that the tone of the language you use such as "militant"
and "betrayed" are not suitable and that we need to look at the whole picture
-- this is not an issue about "squeezing" for more shekels.  As an English
teacher I am already having to teach 24 hours frontal in high school or 30 at
the elementary -- the new contract not only pays me for the hours I am teaching
anyways but also for those students who need individual help of which there are
many and pays for meetings and other administrative tasks I need to do at
school (which I do anyway and are not paid for)..... Yes, it is not much
considering everything we do as teachers -- but then I don't think anyone ever
seriously went into teaching for financial considerations.  Given the big
picture and all the other problems we have in this county I think we did okay
-- not great but better then anything in the past. Reforms are go
 ing to be part of the future whether we like it or not.  I would rather be
part of any kind of dialogue rather than a confrontation. I wish you well
personally since you only represent yourself. Meira

From: motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: meira_s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: [etni] Re: The
histadrut's selloutDate: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:45:52 +0200

Dear Meira,
I am a native Hebrew speaker who has no problems in reading comprehension
Hebrew! I have read all the relevant articles in Haaretz, Yediot and some other
internet sites including the one you suggested.
I don't know about you, but I am talking as a veteran teacher, I don't
represent anybody except for myself. I still think that it would be wise to
leave a union that has betrayed you.

Mordechai Mendelkrn

From: motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [etni] The histadrut's
selloutDate: Wed, 16 May 2007 23:39:24 +0200

According to the Histadrut agreement with the government, junior high teachers
will have to work 50% more hours to earn a 26%  wage increase. This is an
insult to our intelligence. Calling this an achievement is nothing but Chutzpah.

I would suggest that all Histadrut members simply leave the histadrut and join
the Irgun, which is a lot more militant and eventually will squeeze out more
for us.

Mordechai Mendelkern

Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!__________ NOD32 2272 (20070517)
Information __________This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus