[etni] Re: Thank You and So Long for now.

  • From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 22:08:22 +0300

This is coming from someone who has expressed her opinion (which has
occasionally been misinterpreted), and who shares yours.

Lest I be accused of being hypocrtical, I'll admit that my "pledge of
allegiance" to the bureaucrats has been executed to the extent that it had
to be in order to meet the needs required of  my students.  Beyond that,
I've 'marched to the beat of a different drummer' -- one that has allowed me
to feel that my aim to teach for a higher purpose than the Bagrut was not a
futile effort. (Exhausting yes, but at the same time fulfilling!)
 On behalf of the silent majority / minority, I wish you much success in
your aim to continue advocating for the coming generations of students from
a place outside of the system.

To clarify what I have said, this is not a call for anarchy or revolution --
just a wish to see the day that conscientious teachers will be deemed
capable of jugdging what works best  in their classrooms.  (Along with that,
may we merit a MOE  that is able to determine who those teachers are.)

B'hatzlachah and shavuah tov,
Batya