[etni] Teaching Israeli Kids about US Elections

  • From: James Backer <drjamesbacker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:56:36 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings all,

Judging from some of the off-list comments I have received, it would appear
that some of us are woefully unaware of what is happening in the voting process
in the US. That might be understandable because we are so far away from it all
- even those of us who are still US citizens.

If you plan to answer your kids' inevitable questions in class about what they
see on TV, you might like watching the following Rolling Stone feature story
video:

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/player/23654789

If Rolling Stone is not reputable enough for you, I suggest watching this PBS
video:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/10172008/watch3.html

I recommend both videos. They might clarify things before you go into the
classroom, or into the teachers' room, for that matter.

Jimmy