[etni] Teachers and police

  • From: Jack Pillemer <jackpil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI posts <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:52:01 +0200

As most of you probably know from reports in the media,  at the protest on
Thurdsay night outside the Labour Court in Jerusalem, the normal good relations
between the police and the protesting teachers became ugly as a teacher was
physically assaulted by a policeman. I was not at the protest but a number of
our teachers (Boyar)  and pupils were there.

If you wish to read exactly what happened as reported by the head of our strike
comittee (Anat Pik - whose integrity and honesty  has  been proven over and
over again) you will find her description of the events in Hebrew on our site.
http://www.schooly.co.il/boyer_english
Click on Strike then This week

Below that is the is the daily report (30/11/07) from the national committee
for the coordination of activities in the teachers' struggle for public
education
http://www.2all.co.il/web/Sites/morimbeshvita/

Although I don't have the details regarding time, I understand that the protest
will resume on Saturday night before the court convenes again.

Jack Pillemer