[etni] Teacher, DH Lawrence's THE RAINBOW

  • From: "Tom Balazs" <etnimail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI Post Message" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:48:01 +0200

I think teachers will enjoy this installment of "The Rainbow". Audio
available on BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/off.shtml
The Rainbow: Having given up her post at the school, Ursula is now a college
student - hoping to qualify formally as a teacher.

This week in Off the Shelf we begin DH Lawrence's classic novel THE RAINBOW.
It tells the story of three generations of the Brangwen family from the
1840s to the early years of the 20th century. The Rainbow is a moving,
personal portrait of the changing social pressures on the family members as
Britain moves further away from it's rural history and towards an
increasingly industrial and mechanical age

It has removed 8354 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!