[etni] Re: Syntax - work order, how to teach to young children

  • From: Aharon Family <aharonmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI forum <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 22:22:07 +0300

This explanation is helpful for teachers, especially if they don't speak
Hebrew. I'm sure similar problems exist with speakers of other languages.
However, young children don't need to be taught parts of speech to learn to
speak properly, even in a foreign language, and trying to explain grammar
will often bore and/or confuse them. It's much more important to give them
as many opportunities as possible to hear and speak proper English - games,
songs, books (you mention one and there are many more), simple drama
exercises, etc. The younger the children are, the more naturally they learn.

Kara Aharon, English is Fun
Yerucham, Israel
08-6589425, 052-3903306
aharonmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx