[etni] Subject: Creating word games/puzzle on line

  • From: HAGIT LAHAV חגית להב <hagit_27@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:22:45 +0200

Susie
It is still the same and working!!!!
 I use it all the time! Great tool!  I prepare cryptograms, word puzzles and
word searches to practice vocabulary
The pupils (4th-9th graders) love it! The cryptograms are great for idioms
e.g. "Money doesn't grow on trees"...
You choose which letters you give them as a start. There is always a chance
to view it and to change, go back until you're satisfied.
It's important to put a space or a comma between each word,  phrase idiom
and then, once copied (as an object) to a plain word file, make sure there
is a space between the phrases, because then you can't edit it.
It's recommended to copy it to a plain word file and change the fonts/ size
to your needs.
This is the link I use
http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/?CFID=10293934&CFTOKEN=95
537564
Hagit Lahav

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:54:22 -0800 (PST)
From: susie serenevich <serenevich@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [etni] Creating word games/puzzle on line

Here is a link to a Web site that lets you generate a variety of word
puzzles/games using your own word lists.
http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/?CFID=11062372&CFTOKEN=37
874256

I've used this site in the past and it was very easy to use, but I haven't
used
it recently and I don't know if any changes have been made to the program.

Susie