[etni] Specifications for the NBA

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:54:53 -0800 (PST)

Continuing in the same vein as Sara, I have two questions about apparent
contradictions in the NBA booklet.

1) On page 8 it says the following: "In the access to information from written
texts ON ALL LEVELS, paragraph numbers will not be given... Questions will
refer pupils to specific lines only when necessary."
Yet in the Module A mock exam, there are paragraph numbers, and the questions
refer the students to the paragraphs in which the answers can be found. So what
will the Bagrut really be like?

2) On page 42 (FAQ 8) it says: "No, the mini-cloze type questions (also called
'fill-ins') are out."
Yet in the table of specifications on page 11, one of the suggested task types
for the Access to the Written Information in Module A is "fill-ins." So do I
prepare my students for one-word fill-ins in Module A or not?

All the best,
Rivka