[etni] Race Issues

  • From: "David R. Herz" <drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:23:33 +0200

I was outside my house the other day and as I passed some girls playing jump
rope, they had a rhyme they were using about cushi, cushi going to gan, gan
hahayot; so I suggested they substitute yehudit, yehudit going to gan.
Reading the recent posts on race makes me wonder about the playground rhymes
about Jews that have circulated through playgrounds through the ages.  It
might be a great way to open a unit on being sensitive to the sensitivities
of others.

Does anyone remember being subject to any.  If so, I'd be really interested
in seeing/hearing them.

All my best,

David Raphael Herz