[etni] Project requirement for borderline 3-4 point pupils

  • From: "Maxine" <maxine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:07:31 +0200

Sorry if this question has been asked already:
Imagine this hypothetical situation (actually not so hypothetical):

A pupil takes Module A this summer in the 11th grade.  Doing a performance task
is, as I understand it, one of the requirements for the 1-point Bagrut.   Then
the pupil goes on to do Modules B and C in Winter 2004 for a 3-point Bagrut.
One of the requirements for this level is a PROJECT.  Then, in the summer of
2004 the pupil tries valiantly for a 4-point Bagrut, i.e. Modules D and E.  As
I understand it,  this entails doing ANOTHER project on the 4-5 level.   In
other words:  this type of pupil (for whom the modular Bagrut is ostensibly
intended) will have to do TWO projects and ONE performance task, whereas the
5-point pupils have, meanwhile, to do only ONE?  Is it me, or is something
screwy somewhere?

Please advise.  Regards, Maxine Tsvaigrach