[etni] Portfolio Reflection

  • From: michele ben <benfam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI Discussion List <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 06:49:28 +0300

**** If I had the chance to do it all over again. - www.etni.org ****

Here is the reflection one of my pupils in a 5 pt tenth
grade class wrote about the portfolio.  I corrected the few
errors in the English before posting. (Mostly verb-subject
agreement - about 3 errors.)  Her comments were echoed by
other pupils as well.  The portfolio consisted of corrected
classwork, quizzes, dictations, tests etc. and three pieces
of independent writing on given topics.

I believe that writing a portfolio is a great idea because
it makes us correct our work and learn from our own
mistakes.  I chose to write about sibling rivalry because I
feel that living with two sisters and being the one in the
middle has a great influence on my personality.  The second
topic I chose was about what kind of a friend I am.  I chose
this topic because friendship is a very important issue in
my life.  By doing this project, I learned how to write
freely and how to correct my mistakes.  It is more difficult
than studying for a test and it takes more time.  Next time,
I will write longer essays and won?t leave it for the last
minute.

Michele