[etni] No union = no organised oppostion

  • From: Barry Praag <bpraag@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 07:36:07 -0800 (PST)

Perhaps Lev, would like to explain to the rest of us
union members who exactly WILL lead the opposition to
the Dovrat fiasco if not the unions. Sorry Lev but you
seem to have it the wrong way around.
There is only strength in numbers and the union is the
only way we can fight this riduculous excuse for a
budget cut and wholesale firing of teachers.
I for one do not want to work in a job where the head
teacher has the god given right to  hire and fire on a
whim. Any teachers who think that they don't already
work 40 or more hours a week should sit down with a
pencil and paper and calculate how many hours they
really invest. You will be surprised.

We all have to stand together and make sure that if
the system is reformed it is not under the auspices of
Dovrat but within the framework of a well thought out
plan that is not trying to turn each school into a hi
tech company with the main aim of making a profit.

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com