[etni] Motzei Shabbat September 10th - Jerusalem Folk Music Evening

  • From: "Phil Bacal" <pgbacal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 09:14:41 +0300

I've added 2 links so you can hear for youselves 2 of our wonderful
performers performing that evening.

We back again on Motzei Shabbat

Jerusalem Folk Music Evening
Motzei Shabbat, September 10th, 8:30PM
at Beit Yehudit (ICCY, Emek Refaim 12, 1st floor)

This month featuring:

* Laurie Ornstein, a tapestry of original and traditional songs on
Appalachian dulcimer and guitar

*Maya Johnana Menachem & Shay Tochner - -  From London to Melbourne - A
musical journey thru England, Scotland, USA & Australia

* with: Elisha Avshalom - the Magic Whistler, Omri Vitis, Amiel Schotz and
more surprises.

Omri Vitis, singer, songwriter and guitarist, has recently returned to
Israel after a decade of musical activity in London, where he wrote,  played
and performed with various ensembles and in a variety of styles, from indie
rock to folk and world music. Omri's music is influenced by gospel, American
folk, South American, Russian and Hassidic music and his melodies and lyrics
are inspired by dreams and daydreams
Listen to some of Omri's songs at  <http://youtu.be/bfaE-PqbRyY>
http://youtu.be/bfaE-PqbRyY

Listen to Maya singing this Dylan song - She wins hands down!!

http://youtu.be/DPHOXQSJRy8

Only 35 shekels, includes light refreshments.

For more information: Philippa 054-752-1239; Larry: 050-723-3914;
(

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerusalem-Folk-Music-Evenings/140471272666878

http://www.youtube.com/user/JerusalemFolkEvening