[etni] Module A

  • From: "Nathan Singer" <nate1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:32:54 +0200

    Hi all,
It's time I put my two Cents in regarding the recent Bagrut.
    Since I deal mainly with 3 pt. students, I want to talk about Module A.
    I think the exam was very difficult for a Module A student, much harder
than we were lead
to believe it would be. I say this based on mock exams and recent hishtalmuyot.
The parts that I found
most difficult were on the first unseen- the last three questions where
students were asked to develop answers in
English and make mild changes to the language structure. It reminded me of the
integrated reading-writing part of
the 2 pt. exam. Also, if a Module A student could keep up with the listening
comp. at the speed that it was read on
the radio, he or she wouldn't need to do Module A to begin with. People, we
need to remember, these are usually
VERY WEAK students doing this exam. The listening comps should be read SLOWLY
and English-answer
questions should be one-two words at the most and without the need for changes
in the language structure.
Also, I thought the old format 1 pt. exam was easier. The level
of vocabulary in both was fine.
    I hope the Ministry takes into account the above remarks and possibly
decide to give extra credit to the Module A
students.
   Thanks and a great weekend to all!

Nathan Singer