[etni] Re: "Matkonet" exams

  • From: "Esther Lucas" <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:01:38 +0200

Re query on "mock exams".

I would have thought a "matkonet" or mock exam was a hallowed part of
preparation for the real thing.  Didn't you have them when you went to
school? Or does age make them suspect?

Giving a student some idea of what to expect is worth a lot to her/him. They
are usually given shortly before the real thing, with time enough after
being handed back for the student to learn something from having written it.
If you have the time and energy to give more than one, OK, but I would
suggest at least one. The mock test also supplies another grade. The more of
them, the better. A grade given by the student her/himself can also be
helpful.

Esther