[etni] Kids Read, Jerusalem (JELLY)

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 05:40:23 -0700

JELLY (AACI) Kids Read, Jerusalem

Dear English Speakers' teacher:
We at Jelly followed with interest the recent BBC Big Read competition to
compile a list of the 100 best-loved
books in Britain. This event generated so much enthusiasm for reading that we
felt inspired to devise a smaller
scaled version here in Jerusalem. We are also planning a lively final event to
bring together pupils, their
parents and teachers so they can share their reading experiences from the
project.

Together with a team of English teachers, we have designed
"Kids Read, Jerusalem" for you and your pupils and we would like to invite you
to be a part of this exciting
new project. The project is intended for 3rd- 8th grade English
speaking/advanced students and entries will be
accepted up to the end of May.

We would like every English teacher in Jerusalem to ask their pupils to discuss
their favorite books. The
teacher will then draw up a list of the ten most popular books for that grade.
The final list will be
publicized throughout Jerusalem and hopefully this will generate further
interest and discussion.

The Kids Read, Jerusalem project will culminate in a final event to be held in
early June. We are inviting you
to register your school to participate for the event with your pupils
undertaking art/ written work based on
their favorite books.

During the event when the results of the voting are announced participating
schools will display their work.
There will be dramatic presentations, prizes, a book swop and other exciting
activities.

All participating schools will receive a gift for their school library.

See the "Guidelines for Voting" and the "Voting Form" at -

www.etni.org.il/jelly/kidsread2004.htm
or
www.etni.org/jelly/kidsread2004.htm

CONTACT DETAILS
call; Deborah  02 6718 514 or Lynda Waxman 02 6733410
email; lionaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or send to; Kids Read, Jerusalem
c/o D. Lionarons, Rehov Yehuda 3, Jerusalem 93627

NB. For some further inspiration & to get a taste of the BBC. Big Read have a
look at the site;
http://www.open2.net/bigread/top_ten_books.htm

JELLY (AACI) KIDS READ,JERUSALEM