[etni] Irgun and NBA

  • From: "Lauren Ornstein" <laurie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 06:55:02 +0200

Hello all,
   I promised an update to my previous message. I spoke with Nurit at the Irgun
office on Thurs.  (not Bracha Metziel). She informed me that a letter  would go
out to all schools this week with the Irgun's platform on the NBA issue as
being discussed now.
   I told Nurit that I personally did not think it was practical to stop in our
tracks.  I explained that many schools, including my own, are using textbooks
geared to the new curriculum. I added that I have 11th graders taking modules E
and F this year....we are in the throes of project work as I am with my 10th
graders now, too. I questioned if I was supposed to put that all on hold in the
middle? It doesn't make sense to me and I don't want to penalize the kids if
they have to take the new exam   and that's how it stands right now. (And due
to that, I've left cloze exercises behind.)
   I find it very distressing as most of us, that the technicalities of the NBA
were not properly worked out before implementation and they must be dealt with
immediately so that all teachers are paid in full for their work!    I don't
want to repeat what many have already written. There are some true grievances
here. Basically, I agree with Bari and will spare you a long treatise.
Laurie
the system manager  arkadi@xxxxxxxxxxxx  or  david@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             Midreshet Sde-Boker    www.boker.org.il