[etni] Internet lessons

  • From: "Ora Baumgarten" <orabaum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:43:45 +0300

Hi Sonja and everyone,

Sonja asked for suggestions for internet-computer lessons plans.
I'd like to invite you all  to share the fruits of many hours of work on my
site which contains internet projects, lessons, resources and other links:

Main page: http://ziv.jerusalem.muni.il/engmain.html

If you want to go straight to the internet projects page:
http://ziv.jerusalem.muni.il/engproj.html

or the internet lessons page:
http://ziv.jerusalem.muni.il/engassign.html

This year my students have no excuse for coming without homework assignments
or dictionaries because i maintain a page that I update daily to remind them
of almost everything! http://ziv.jerusalem.muni.il/engclass.html

My newest addition to the site is a project about the Meaning of First
Names:  You can see the first names project at:

http://ziv.jerusalem.muni.il/engnames.html

This is a project for the intermediate level in which participants research
the meaning of their first names and do other activities connected to their
first names, such as adding their first names  and explanations to a
guestmap, writing sentences about their first names, viewing other names in
different languages, casting their votes in a poll about first names.
The project includes a self assessment section and explanations for
teachers. There's also a teacher's forum where teachers can discuss
extension activities. I think that this project can really be used at
different levels although I wrote it with junior high in mind. Stronger
pupils can take it a step further and do more research into the topic of
first names. I'm now working on a new project about family names.

For those of you who are doing the "Who Am I" project on Kidlink, my First
Names project appears on Kidlink too in a different and simplified form
under the name:

"What Does My First Name Mean?" and can be viewed at

http://www.edu-continuum.org/kidspace/start.cfm?HoldNode=11173

To join this project on Kidlink, you have to register your pupils first
before they can participate. Details can be seen at  the main Kidlink page
http://www.kidlink.org/

Ora