[etni] Information regarding the training course for the new literature modules

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 13:13:46 +0300

Dear ETNIers,

Your principals received a letter from Dr. Judy Steiner, from Sept. 3rd,
2008, regarding the training sessions for the new literature bagrut modules.

In case it has NOT been forwarded to you, you can access it  from the front
page of the English Ministry site:
http://cms.education.gov.il/educationcms/units/mazkirut_pedagogit/english/wh
atsnew/
<http://mail.kfar-olami.org.il/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://cms.educatio
n.gov.il/educationcms/units/mazkirut_pedagogit/english/whatsnew/>

It includes:

* an explanation of the new program
* the venues where the training courses will be taking place
* the forms you need to submit in order to enroll for the training program

* contact information for the inspectors

THIS is THE YEAR to do the training session, since it is the ONLY year when
you will be able to learn the program and NOT have to implement it in your
classrooms at the same time!  In the following years ALL teachers teaching
in 4 and 5 point classes will be required to have participated in these
courses.

NOTE: you have to submit the forms to your school's inspector by Sept. 15th!
(Contact information for all inspectors is included in the announcement.
Teachers who teach in REED schools will be participating in the courses
given in the region nearest them, and should notify Dr. Avi Tsur, telling
him which pisga they will be attending.)

 All the best
Adele

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
children."
Native American Proverb