[etni] Fwd: re: vision impaired kids

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:37:21 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adi Orian <austenorian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: vision impaired kids

Mitzi: a visually impaired student cannot depend on the reader, this
is not done and should not be done.
Jess: If your student has a medical ishur for being visually impaired,
preferably from Bitu'ah Le'umi, then the ministry gives him everything
he needs: separate room for the sound in the dictionary to be on,
personal reader or taped, etc. depending on his skills and abilities
as well.
You should contact the center for the Blind in Jerusalem and ask for
their help and advice, they do it all the time with special computers,
special programs, texts, tapes, etc.
You can talk to Oded, say I sent you, 025882155
All the best, Adi

Judy wrote:
> One of my new 10th graders has a problem with sight..it seems that in
> addition to sitting in front, he also has trouble with  the printed page.
> QUestions:  IN addition to enlarged print on the actual Bagrut exam
> are there other materials available- practice papers, textbook- in
> this case "10"  ?
>  Will he be allowed "HaKraat Shelon" ?
>  Will he be allowed an electronic dictionary that speaks?
>  Are kids allowed to bring such a dictionary to
>  theBagrut if the "voice" is on "silent" ?
>  Does anyone have experience with kids like this ?
> (Can you provide tips and advice???)
> (This, btw, is a class of 28  with 30 LD and super
> LD kids!!!!! )

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager