[etni] Fwd: re: the literature module F

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:05:45 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mitzi Geffen <mitzi100@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: the literature module F

Universities and colleges do not separate out the log grade from the
rest of the bagrut grade, just as they don't separate the oral exam,
which is also quite subjective. They see a total grade for English,
not divided by modules.
Mitzi

Batya wrote:
> It's important to be aware, however, that universities and colleges don't
> view the logs (which are graded by the teacher who assigns them to her/his
> students) as a valid assessment tool of the students' knowledge of literature.
> The logs & exams each have their advantages and shortcomings, but it's
> difficult to counter the argument of the institutions of higher
> learning.

> Aliza wrote:
> > Here is some food for thought about the F literature module: How come
> > that poetry is banned from the literature module the second time in a
> > row? Does it indicate that we should not teach it? AND how come that
> > the only questions on the play and the novel are the bridging
> > assignments? Is that how the MOE tests the study of the most prominent
> > pieces? After having seen the literature module I wonder if I do not
> > actually wrong my students by convincing them to do the LOG. Our LOG's
> > summative assessments were definitely far more valid and reliable as
> > tools of assessment than this summer's literature bagrut.
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org
** post to ETNI List - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx