[etni] Fwd: re: rubrics for assessing the log

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:49:59 +0300

From: "kochav" <kochav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE:  rubrics for assessing the log

I was also surprised to suddenly receive such a beautiful checklist that
really would have helped me had I received it a year earlier (or through the
online course I took 2 years ago...)
So much for backwards planning of the ministry and for practicing what they
preach!!
I wrote to my inspector and she said we could use our own rubrics and
checklists and not necessarily those in the handbook.
I understand the rubrics are necessary only when the graded component was
done orally so there's nothing else in the log to show for it.

By the way- has anyone done the lit. program - log or exam with a 4 point
class?
We tried starting it this year in our 11th grade 4 point class.
Teaching the lit. was lovely and kept the students in class, but when we
started doing unseens for the C module we found their skills greatly lacking
and scores way  below average for similar classes who didn't spend most of
their class time on literature.
Does anyone have experience with a 4 point class and advice.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of us and our students tomorrow!
Rachel Kochav

Kobi wrote:
> Did you guys see the new posts concerning the submission of LOGs this summer
that were put up on the inspector's site?
> I'm a little concerned about the checklist presented there and all the
rubrics that we were supposed to check the logs with… (I wrote an e-mail to
Judy Steiner about it and I'm waiting for a reply), but I was under the
impression that using the handbook's rubrics is an option and not a must and
according to this checklist they must be present in every log, in each unit
and so on…
> Am I the only one who misunderstood this?
** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager
   http://david.greenlloyd.com