[etni] Fwd: re: prereading activity

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:37:22 +0200

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elaine Goldstein <goldsteinelaine@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: prereading activity

- Take a large needle or pin and puncture pieces of cardboard in the
shapes of letters. blindfold the pupils and have them identify the
letters.
-Alternatively, put an array of objects on a tray and blindfolded
pupils have to identify them.
-Have people "recite" something with no sound- others have to guess
what they are saying.
Read The Cathedral by Raymond Carver-just the part where the blind
person is drawing the cathedral.
Good luck
Elaine