[etni] Fwd: comprehension questions

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:14:08 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alaa Nassar <alanassar59@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: comprehension questions

Hello Everybody..

Hope you're all having a wonderful vacation. I'm still working as a
private teacher, helping a Mekhina student prepare for her "level A"
English exam and came across two statements in two different texts but
couldn't make up my mind as to their meanings. I appreciate in advance
your help and answers.

1. In a text about The Amish: "Their children are given elementary
school education and taught to work hard and help each other from a
very early age."

Q: Is "Amish children don't go to school"  TRUE or False?

2. Name two things people eat or drink while watching a football game?
( I underlined the words)

Q: Can the answer include one thing they eat and one thing they drink,
or should the answer be either two drinks or two kinds of food?

Hope it's not too hot for you to answer and thanks again for any help.