[etni] Fwd: "Why I May Still Be Canadian" by David Lloyd

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 08:39:54 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lauren Ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "Why I May Still Be Canadian" by David Lloyd

My dear friend, David Lloyd, recently gave me a copy of his latest
book for my birthday , "Why I May Still Be Canadian". Although I'm
from "south of the border", I too often contemplate my
split-personality yet have come to the conclusion that I am richer (if
not sometimes confused) for being an expat from Yonkers, NY and a
citizen of the Holy Land, living in the Negev Desert. The significant
60's of my formative teen years are still very much alive in me; they
never really made it to Israel.

 Going back to where I started out, I spent the better part of today
reading David's newly published blog. If you're an ex-pat, this book
will ring some bells. And if you're not, maybe you'll have a better
inkling of what it means to pack up and change countries, even if that
was not the original plan. You're in for a good read!

https://www.bloggingbooks.de/catalog/details//store/de/book/978-3-8417-7106-3/why-i-may-still-be-canadian

Laurie
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/