[etni] Fwd: Stannards and Benchmarks, The Flipped Kipa in the Classrom and much more.

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:08:50 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barry Silverberg <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Stannards and Benchmarks, The Flipped Kipa in the Classrom
and much more.

Some of you who were at the recent ETAI watched in awe as Russell
Stannard (of Phraseswithoutblanks.com) demonstrated how teachers,
learners and classrooms are  taking on new roles in a fast changing
digital age.

I attended several of his presentations, so I could catch a glimmer of
what he and the British  council types are talking about.  Some of it
I follow.  Some of it I don’t follow.  Some of it seems much ado

over nothing.  (I just looked at a very slick blog entry about digital
badges, which is a way of saying on –line – report cards; is it really
worth all the preparation and terminology?)  I have a growing
suspicion that

the more I concentrate on trying to update myself by the bootstraps,
hordes of gorillas are crossing the stage and I don’t even see them.
( perhaps I should use my sense of smell.)( Is this what they mean by

Gorillas in the missed?

This reminds me of myself in ‘85, a new teacher in Kiriat Shmona, who
introduced tape recorders, Shlock Rock, Jazz Chants and Beatles; all
of which kept the kids amused enough to stay in their seats enough to
keep

me employed enough.

Now I teach the children of those students and my tricks are no longer enough.

To the point:  Russell recommended a book called “Now you see it, Now
you don’t “ by Cathy Davidson.  I copied the link, but I couldn’t find
the free book.  I could order it, through an Amazon (?)   maybe even
get the Tel Hai library to order it—it they haven’t.  (The Kiriat
Shmona library has been packed for a year in containers on the
Municipality lawn.  (? ?)  Don’t ask.

But I’d like the free book NOW before too many of the terms become out
dated.  So who knows how to get it?  and I don’t mean when the book is
streamed through an inch and a half column, so I can read a word at a
time.

Any help would be APP- reciated.

AND...

COMING SOON!    AN UPDATED ‘BULLSHIT BINGO’ game board FOR THE AGE OF
DIGITAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ BARRY
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/