[etni] Re: Fwd: Re: Teaching HOTS

  • From: rafi beigel <rafitalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni.list@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:51:18 +0200

HEAR! HEAR! to all those dissenters-
Give us back our literature and take away the contrived, extruded answers
we are having to thrash into the children.

To all those who only spent their time teaching unseens, then you've
brought this horrendous mess upon yourselves.

To the rest of us who have always taught literature and WELL. this is a
disaster. no book, no serious guidelines , just rubric after rubric  after
rubric- and most importantly, no answers to the literature exam that
students took in January- so what are we meant to expect in the summer?
More waffle?

When teaching my eleventh grade English speakers class how to make sure
that they use a higher order thinking skill and churn out format answers to
trite questions- rather than actually understand and appreciate what they
had read- one bright spark shouted out WTF!
I didn't have it in me to reprimand him- he said it so succinctly.....

??talk?? . . .  the language of success . . .

*Rafaella Beigel - CEO   *

* *

*www.talk.org.il*

*054-6232165*