[etni] Fwd: Re: LD diagnosis

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:32:20 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adi Orian <austenorian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LD diagnosis

You are a definite minority, i remember when it began, every child who
got diagnosed got tons of help as his parents were worried about his
future, now they just get the "hakalot" and that's it, as if life ends
with the bagruyot. Did I say frustrating...

Sara wrote:
> I do English didactic assessments, and one of my pet peeves is that the
> (quite substantial) part of the ivchun which gives direction on how to help
> the student is generally ignored in favour of the hatamot he received. In my
> opinion, the whole point of the ivchun is to diagnose and help overcome it,
> but I seem to be in a minority in Israel!

** post to list - etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** help - ask@xxxxxxxx
** David Lloyd: ETNI founder & manager
   http://david.greenlloyd.com