[etni] Fw: tax breaks for ADD/ADHD students

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 06:28:02 +0200

From: David & Esther Schenker  baseball@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Ask Etni
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:09 AM
Subject: tax breaks for ADD/ADHD students

Dear Listers-

I  happened to speak with one of my students' mother and mentioned the
article in HaAretz about the tax breaks.  She said that she had read about
it in Hebrew and had also spoken to a 'yoetzet mas' about it.
She was told that you need 3 items;
1)a letter from your family doctor that includes the diagnosis of ADD/ADHD
based on  testing and evaluations done (neurological, psychological,
didactic).
2) a letter from the education department that your child has been
classified through a 'vaadat hasama' for special education.
3) a letter from the school where he/she is studying (and studied in the
past) attesting to the special education status of his/her class.

I hope I understood her correctly about these items since it was second
hand.

If anyone else has obtained other information, please share it with us.
Good luck to all,
Esther Schenker