[etni] Fw: tax breaks for ADD/ADHD

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:37:08 +0200

From: "David & Esther Schenker" <baseball@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 1:24 PM
Subject: tax breaks for ADD/ADHD

Dear teachers,
Following my last note on this subject, I have learned some other
information that may be helpful.
The medical doctor's note is necessary.  In addition you need to present:

"For children up through 8th grade, proof that they have been through a
"Vaadat HaSamah" and are recognized to have special educational needs within
    the framework of their school.
    For children in 9th through 12th grades, proof is needed that they have
been through "Maslul 07."
(Maslul 07, according to the secretary in Yeshivat Bnei Hayil, is a category
for special educationin which a student is allowed to study in a small class
within the larger framework of a regular school.)

Since the tax authority is not really answering calls (being on work
sanctions), there is no one to whom to speak to get the final answer to our
questions at this time.
By the way, I was told by someone who submits for tax returns that there is
no special form for this type of claim.
Hoping to share more exact information in the near future.

Esther Schenker