[etni] Fw: re: union and sanctions

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:41:25 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruthi - rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: union and sanctions

Can you please tell etni where it's written that we are to get payment for
working with LD kids?Is it on the Irgun Hamorim website? We have not been
given any official notification about this at our school.
thanks
Ruth

Sharon wrote:
>The hours for LD - we will get compensation - we have to report on each
student or group with whom we "sat" for extra time or for whom we made a
tape, and for each individual student we tested orally. (The last two
categories of writing down student's answers and recopying don't apply for
English). From here, it gets fuzzy - it says that each "thing" we do (time
and hakraa for small groups - oral testing individually) is worth 1 "unit"
and each unit translates into 0.4%. It doesn't say how many students
constitutes "a small group". Anyway, would that mean that if I tested 2
students orally in December, stayed on extra time for students for 3
different classes, and make tapes for 3 students in each of three classes, I
would get 8 X 0.4% for that month?  3.2% of my salary?? That's how I read
it, but I might be wrong. I'm going to try to get clarification from the
union. IT's retroactive from the beginning of this year, so it would be a
good idea to try and mark down how much work you did. It's also not clear
exactly when we'll see the money. It will be announced.