[etni] Fw: re: praying for an answer

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 11:04:39 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Linda lsk120@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: praying for an answer

We're just letting our uninformed colleagues understand that we do NOT get paid for coming in early and praying with our students.. In any case, it boils down to the same old story: we put in so many extra hours for which we do not get compensated as it's all "part of our job". P.S. I don't think it sends out bad vibes!
Linda Kuras Mizrahi

Batya wrote:
Pray for pay?
Isn't that a bit mercenary?!
Let's face it, teaching is not a career whose [financial] remuneration can
ever be equivalent to output:  There is no way to adequately pay a dedicated
teacher because she/he's on the job around the clock (somewhat like a
devoted parent)!
Of course, this does not imply that we should work without proper
compensation; however, being paid for praying with our students sends off
the wrong vibes.

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **