[etni] Fw: re: Seven Sins of Our System of Forced Education

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 06:37:07 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Seven Sins of Our System of Forced Education

Hi All,

   David Herz sent us the article below, well-written and said.

   For those same reasons mentioned, many are now turning to home-schooling.
I know a number of such families who, having had bad experiences due to the
"sins" of the education system, pulled their kids out of school and started
down a new path. These kids are all blossoming and developing, and seem to
be on the right track. Some thoughtful parents don't even walk down the
traditional path to their local public school.

   I realize that not all parents have this option or are "equipped" to take
on such a project. I'm sure there are some, probably private or semi-private
schools that are more open and allow for the pupils' empowerment over their
education. Sadly, in our over-crowded schools, I doubt this is the case
despite a lot of us very dedicated teachers. We're too caught up in the
system and "encouraged" or "forced" to adhere to the rules of the game.

Laurie

Psychology Today

September 9, 2009, Child
http://www.psychologytoday.com/topics/child-development  Development Seven