[etni] Fw: re: Literature inservice

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:13:40 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda" <lsk120@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Literature inservice

OK, we are all basically saying the same things, all justified. We all
mention: the enormous number of extra hours we put in without any
compensation, our workload, which is constantly being added to without
anything else being removed, etc.   The BIG $64,000 question is: When will
we stop commiserating and try to do something concrete?
As I've said on numerous occasions, we are our own worst enemies.

I am a bagrut marker, and as you know, we ALL walked out of the tidruch for
Moed Aleph, refusing to take any exams to grade. We stuck to our guns and we
succeeded in making marking doable. Yes, I know, this is extra and not part
of our basic salaries, but the point is, if we all stick together and refuse
to be dictated to, the Ministry will have to listen.  All of us our
hard-working, dedicated teachers, who  want to grow in our profession.
However, there are limits to what we, as human beings, can do properly
within our time constraints.

Nothing will change until WE actually believe, and not just give lip service
to the fact that we ARE professionals, who should be treated as such.

Linda Kuras Mizrahi