[etni] Fw: re: I feel I am qualified to teach students with learning difficulties because.....

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 11:23:11 +0200

From: Raymond <rainbows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [etni] I feel I am qualified to teach students with learning
difficulties because..... (sort of long...)

Hi sara,
More than half-way through your e-mail, you ask: "IS anyone still reading?
Or have I bored you all and you've deleted the email?"
Are you kidding?
Boredom couldn't have been further from my mind, before I read your question
..
After all you write about both you and your kids having LD .. and having
taken courses on teaching kids with LD .. and courses on learning styles ...
After all that, you state: " (...) but I'm still not sure I know enough
about teaching LD kids (...)" ...
Had I been anywhere near boredom, while reading through your e-mail, that
statement of yours would surely have jogged my brain into admiring alertness
.. It smacks of integrity, and a tell-tale sense of and striving towards
Excellence ...
Thanks so much for the sharing ... !
Hey, if the MOE threatens to take away your bagrut, we'll start a serious
'Amutah' !

Sara, here is something that, if you don't already know about, may interest
you ... :   http://www.tomatis.com/
I know there's all kinds of  possible criticism, and I'm not making
propaganda for the Tomatis Method ... but it's just a different avenue to
wander through ... I find the theory fascinating ...  If anything, I learnt
a great deal about the ear (such an essential instrument in the learning
process), by going through the above site ...

I myself have been in Israel for 8 years and in ed. for 7 years ... all of
which at the same High-Junior High school in the Galilee ... LD fascinates
me and I want to help ... My greatest assistant, I think, is my intuition
and wanting to listen ...
I'm now on an half-sabbatical, and soon I'm going to be going to Jerusalem
one day a week, to study Dynamic Assessment with Feuerstein ... It's
exciting ...

Sara, please be touch ...
Good luck to you and to us all ...
Gmar Chatimah Tova,