[etni] Fw: re: Etai Newletter 30 - May, 2010

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI List" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 08:57:25 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Mitzi Geffen - mitzi1002001@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Etai Newletter 30 - May, 2010

Just to set the record straight - ETAI was never intended as a
quasi-English-teachers' union to "represent" English teachers. It's original
and present purpose is professional development, and an opportunity for
professionals to share ideas and discuss approaches, methodology, etc. If we
presented ourselves as a teachers' union, the inspectorate could not lend
any support or participate in any way in what we do. You may not be aware of
what contribution the English inspectorate - both regional and national-
makes to ETAI, but it is considerable, and most certainly worth keeping.

If there are teachers who would like to form a sub-division of the irgun
and/or the histadrut hamorim, that should be done apart from ETAI, so that
ETAI can continue to provide the professional enrichment and inspiration it
has provided for many years, through the contributions of it's members and
with the full support of the English Inspectorate.

Mitzi

You wrote-
> "ETAI has some of the same functions. But it's supposed to be more than
> that.
> ETAI is not a private organization, but is supposed to represent us as
> teachers. ETAI is not part of the MOE and neither should it do its
> bidding.
> It belongs to US and it represents us, the teachers of English. The
> executive is elected by us. So why is it that the important issue of HOTS
> is
> not allowed to be discussed at ETAI conferences?"

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal