[etni] Fw: re: ETAI Newsletter 11 - June 2008

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 06:43:32 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Leah Wolf" <ldwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ETAI Newsletter 11 - June 2008

KOL HaKAVOD!!
Shavua Tov!
Leah

ETAI wrote:
Subject: Newsletter 11:  June 2008
"If you can't come to ETAI, ETAI will come to you."
Dear Readers,
The signs of summer are all around us now – report cards, end of year parties, bagrut exams and, of course, the heat and humidity to name just a few. It's hard to believe that I initiated our slogan for the year and this newsletter 10 months ago, and we are now at the 11th issue. This has been an exceptional year for ETAI, with many mini-conferences and film workshops held all over the country, in addition to the annual regional conferences in Beer Sheva and Haifa. At this moment, the preliminary programme for the Summer Conference in Jerusalem on July 15-16th may be viewed on our website: www.etni.org.il/etai/ It will also be sent by regular mail to all ETAI members, together with the latest edition of the ETAI Forum. While it is never easy to move to a new venue, we are constantly trying to improve and organize the best conference we can, so that hundreds of teachers may benefit from the high calibre guest speakers, who present tried and tested practical ideas for the classroom. In addition, we provide participants with a very impressive display of books and teaching materials from Israel and abroad. This year's conference will be preceded by a pre-conference event on July 14th (programme also on our website) aimed at non-native teachers of English seeking to improve their proficiency. We are hoping that lots of students and teachers will attend this special day. Unfortunately, we couldn't get extra "gmul" hours for this event, but it will definitely be worthwhile in many other ways. (To register, please contact Marna at 02-500-1844.) Another special event at the conference will be an Awards Ceremony in which outstanding English teachers will receive public recognition for their work from Dr Judy Steiner, Chief Inspector for English Language Education. As is usual with awards, many deserving teachers will not be getting one this time, but we can all enjoy and share the honours bestowed on this year's "chosen ones". In order to develop and grow, ETAI needs new teachers to join its ranks and participate in events. In the near future, teachers will be required (by "Ofek Hadash") to take greater responsibility for their professional development, so we hope that ETAI and all the English teachers in the field will be able to form a genuine partnership that will work for the benefit of all. Take a new look at ETAI – "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change". (Wayne W. Dyer) No other English teachers' organization (besides international ones) provides its members (and non-members) with the opportunities for professional development that ETAI does. We are a totally voluntary association in which Board members, Forum editors and conference committees give freely of their time and energy so that ETAI can maintain high standards and provide support and services to thousands of English teachers. I hope that you'll have a wonderful summer vacation, and do make ETAI part of it! Nava Horovitz, ETAI Chair

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **