[etni] Fw: re: Cursive

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:14:07 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Patricia Reifen - patriciareifen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Cursive

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd mention that the method and link Richard has sent to the
list, is the accepted way of teaching in the USA.     British schools and
the British Dyslexia association teach underhand linkage and not overhand,
as is done in the States.    The difference shows especially in the writing
of the cursive linkage of the letters -  m,  n, s,  and r.

Enjoy life,
Patricia

Richard wrote:
>D'Nealian Handwriting is the original continuous stroke handwriting
>program.
With D'Nealian Handwriting, all students have to learn is a few simple
connecting strokes-and they're writing in cursive! First introduced in 1978,
it has become one of the most widely accepted methods for teaching
handwriting.

http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?ocator=PSZ155&PMDbSiteId=2781&PMDbSolutionId=6724&PMDbSubSolutionId=6731&PMDbCategoryId=3289&PMDbProgramId=25361&level=4&prognav=pt