[etni] Fw: placement test

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 06:39:33 +0300

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chaviva Isaak" <chaviva.isaak@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: placement test

I think it was two years ago that I made up a placement test for grade 7.
There have been several requests for placement tests on etni list, so I
willingly shared mine with other teachers.
This week I gave my new 7th graders the placement test. I was more than
surprised when several of them - all from the same school last year - said
they had done this test the year before. The teacher had given them this
test in order to be prepared for the Hativa entrance test.

Well, I think this is outrageous and really unfair. We all know when a
placement test is given and to whom, and if we get something for free that
saves our own time, we should at least be honest and not ruin what other
teachers have planned to do with it.

Shana Tova to all of us!

Chaviva Isaak
Yeshivat Hashomron Karne Shomron