[etni] Re: Fw: facts ort facs

  • From: "Gary Zone" <gary_zone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sayyed1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:35:51 +0000

Sounds like ghetto or maybe New York English.
Another one is 'aks' (sounds like 'axe') instead of 'ask'. You hear this all
the time on American TV and in rock songs.
Of course, we in Canada, who consider our English pretty clear and
straightforward, use 'jawana' for 'do you want to' all the time, as in
'jawana go to the movies tonight?'.
I don't know how you ever inform your students of all this lazy English, not
really slang just lazy pronunciation.
Good luck.
Gary
Calgary, Canada