[etni] Fw: a GREAT MYSTERY SOLVED -- WHAT IS THE MUSIC PLAYING DURING GABBY AND DEBBY'S TREASURE HUNT?

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 07:47:42 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry Silverberg - barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: a GREAT MYSTERY SOLVED -- WHAT IS THE MUSIC PLAYING DURING GABBY
AND DEBBY'S TREASURE HUNT?

We  interrupt your frantic 'magen' -conjuring night to bring you this
important bullettin.

I have just stumbled upon the music that was used ( uncredited, of course)
as the background

for the "Treasure Hunt" scene from English By Television's Gabby and Debby
(1975 or whenever).

Glom this, evvey bady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg6X2hsl52E

As you see, it's called Inca Roads and is really the G and D theme song;
climaxing in the weird noises that accompany thier teleportation with the
magic stick.  ( too bad they never tried rooting or cloning it.)

I always knew it was Frank Zappa, but I never could quite place the cut.
Later on, there is another piece by zappa, the one where Debby is running in
slow motion.  In those days, I recognized the name of that piece, but i
can't name it now.  There is also some Pink Floyyd in there somewhere.

    I wonder who chose this incredible music to go with the show!

Barry S

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal