[etni] Fw: Writing

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:09:57 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: byk - byk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Writing

I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions.
I have a student who is dyslexic. His reading , however, is not too bad, and at a pinch, he could manage to do his 5 point bagrut without a tape. His writing, on the other hand, is a veritable disaster. It's not that his English isn't excellent; he has a large vocabulary and a fairly good command of grammatical structures. His development of a subject isn't great, but passable. However his spelling is off the wall, often baring litle resemblance to the word he wants to write. Often, in fact , I can only correct his essays if he is sitting next to me 'translating'.
He doesn't appear to have the necessary dispensations to enable him to either record his essay or have it rewritten.
Once again, does anybody have any suggestions. With all the good will in the world, I doubt if the testers will be able to understand his essays

Jennifer Byk

Visit the ETNI site - http://www.etni.org
Send a message to the ETNI list: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Send queries and questions to: ask@xxxxxxxx