[etni] Fw: To Project or not to Project!

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:04:35 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Patricia Reifen - patriciareifen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: To Project or not to Project!

 Dear Etniers,

Since Judy's letter makes no comment about the projects, I would like to
explain the position of a friend of mine and ask for your feedback.    Does
the following sound logical?

We are not doing projects because unlike in other subjects, we do not
receive a gmul for preparing projects in class with our students.   However,
we should be giving marks at the oral Bagrut test to a student who talks
about a project because we get paid for doing the oral Bagrut.
Furthermore, since we get Bagrut gmul for preparing students for the Bagrut,
we should also be giving a mark to a student who talks about a project in
the Oral Magen test as well.

Up till now, I have said I will refuse to talk about projects in the oral
tests but the above seems to me, to make sense.

What do others think?

Enjoy life,
Patricia