[etni] Fw: "Teacher Man"

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:36:41 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: "Teacher Man"

Hi All,

With all the teacher-related films mentioned, I'd like to recommend your
reading "Teacher Man" by Frank McCourt. In my humble opinion, it's the best
of his 3 novels. I was completely absorbed in this wonderful book in which
the writer shares his classroom and life experiences in NYC.

As many of you already know, both my parents were teachers in the NYC school
system which made the book all the more real to me. In fact, my Dad and
McCourt taught at the same school, although not at the same time.

Laurie