[etni] Fw: Short clip about a great teacher

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:31:38 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Esther Revivo - estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Short clip about a great teacher

This is a 3 minute clip about a great Math teacher in Washington D.C. Please
note towards the end he says, " In my profession other people are mandating
rules and telling me what to do. This is the only profession I know of where
people who have never walked in my shoes (been teachers) decide how I have
to do my job.... You never go into a doctor's office and hear some average
guy say, "Now this is how you do your surgery."

Food for thought! I wonder how many people in the serious decision making
positions at our MOE have ever actually taught school for any length of
time. And if they did, how long did they last?  Were they working in an
upper-crust Ramat Aviv type of school or out in the boonies like Kiryat
Shmona, Chatzor Ha'glili, Sederot or Netivot?

 Hmmmmmm..... I'm not sure I want to know the answers to these questions,
but I'm fairly certain I can correctly guess some of them!  :)

Go on, take a peek!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/world_news_america/8610545.stm

Well, after our Yom Ha'atzmaut break, tomorrow it's back to slaving for the
next few weeks until moed alef! Good luck!

Esther Revivo
Ulpanat Tzvia Sedot Negev

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/