[etni] Fw: Reply to Tamar re book for teaching decoding

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:54:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: byk - byk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reply to Tamar re book for teaching decoding

You're right, Tamar.  There isn't one, although there might be one that
comes close.  I won't mention it by name, because I haven't seen all of its
parts.

I am able to do what I do because I was trained in phonetics and have
adapted my knowledge to phonics.  I write a lot of my own material and try
to keep it under very strong control.  I try not to overload it with
vocabulary, and make a lot of use of a very ancient and totally politically
incorrect book , but which is great for teaching reading.

Sorry not to be of more help, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Jennifer