[etni] Fw: Paying for bagrut in English

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 06:40:25 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Sharon Stern - sternsharon@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Paying for bagrut in English

The ministry decided bagruyot should be free and that's fair. However , as math and English bagruyot are 3 times a year with everyone doing them, each kid should be able to have one free try and after that should pay. Obviously certain pupils (the principal could decide) should be exempt, but even if only 50% of the student population paid it would help. In other words, students like A, who studies in my class, won't cost the ministry so much money. Last summer he got 92 for E, tried moed bet got 91, tried the winter and didn't like the listening so he decided not to bother finishing the exam and got 40 ("Why not" he said "It's free") tried moed aleph this summer and intends to take it for the fifth time next week. If he paid 20 shekels each module, it would cover the cost of marking. Most of my pupils can afford it. If they have money for driving lessons at minimum 80 shekels a lesson, they can afford to pay for the English bagrut. Bagruyot in other subjects could and I think should stay free.
Sharon Stern

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **