[etni] Fw: Online Teacher Development Courses: January - March 2008

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:22:56 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicky Hockly - nicky.hockly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Colleague <etaioffice@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleague,

I'm writing to you again in your capacity as a key committee member
involved with your association ETAI in Israel.

Your association members may be interested in our upcoming online
teacher development courses for the first quarter of 2008 - could I
ask you to post the following information to your association's
mailing list if you think it would be of benefit to your members?.

Online Teacher Development Courses: January - March 2008

The Consultants-E are offering the following online training and
development courses for teachers of English in early 2008. All the
courses are run entirely online, in Moodle, and have a limit of 15
participants per course. The Consultants-E have trained up over 500
hundred teachers online, from over 50 countries - see the participant
map for which countries past participants have come from!
http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/clientmaps/

ICT IN THE CLASSROOM
Dates: 9 January - 26 March 2008
Time: 50 hours over 10 weeks
Course Fee: 475 Euros / 330 GB pounds

This course is quality assured by Trinity College London, and won a
2007 British Council Innovation Award (http://tinyurl.com/3e2c54 ).
The ICT in the Classroom course looks at a range of useful technology-
related skills which are immediately applicable in the classroom and
have the opportunity to put them into practice over the duration of
the course itself. Areas covered in the course include: lesson
planning for using the Internet, social bookmarking, using chat and
blogs with learners, WebQuests, and podcasting. Participants are
required to produce a final ICT-based lesson to use with their own
learners.
See http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/trinityict/

MOODLE STARTER: An introductory course to learn how to use Moodle
Dates: 9 January - 12 March 2008
Time: 40 hours over 8 weeks
Course Fee: 595 Euros / 425 GB pounds

Our Moodle training course teaches you to set up and use Moodle with
learners, in any discipline. The course is hand-on and experiential -
from the first week of the course itself you will be setting up and
developing a sample course for your own learners, in Moodle. You will
add new elements to your sample course as you learn about them each
week. By the end of the course you will have created a sample course
for your learners.
See http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/moodle/

Our popular two-week short courses on Wikis, Podcasting, and Second
Life for Educators, are running again in February and March 2008 Full
details at: http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/shortcourses/

SECOND LIFE: An introduction for educators
Dates: 1 - 15 February 2008
Time: 10 hours over 2 weeks
Course Fee: 165 Euros / 110 GB pounds

WIKIS
Dates: 14 - 29 February 2008
Time: 10 hours over 2 weeks
Course Fee: 125 Euros / 84 GB pounds

PODCASTING
Dates: 1 - 15 March 2008
Time: 10 hours over 2 weeks
Course Fee: 125 Euros / 84 GB pounds

Also in March, our 'Teaching Business English' and 'E-moderation
Skills' courses:

TEACHING BUSINESS ENGLISH
Dates: 1 - 30 March 2008
Time: 30 hours over 4 weeks [ + optional one-week add-on about Second
Life]
Course Fee: 475 Euros / 330 GB pounds
http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/be/

E-MODERATION: A TRAINING COURSE FOR ONLINE TUTORS
Dates: 1 - 30 March 2008
Time: 30 hours over 4 weeks
Course Fee: 435 Euros / 310 GB pounds
http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/em/

See http://www.theconsultants-e.com/courses/  for more information on
all of our online courses.

[ Past participants from our courses are entitled to a 10% discount
on the course fees for any four-week or longer course above]

We hope to see you online in 2008, and wish list members all the best
for the New Year!

Best wishes,
Nicky

Nicky Hockly - Director of Pedagogy